5 Days Discover Japan through food & culture
Tokyo - Capital of Japan, the global mega city. Enjoy your epicurean adventure from traditional Edo style food including soba noodles, sushi, tempura ,nationally representative Wagyu beef, Kuroge wagyu beef to organic healthy food choices in this cosmopolitan gourmand city. When Japanese people say "organic," they mean food made from organically grown crops that did not come into contact with chemical fertilizers or pesticides. This also includes eggs and meat from organic farms. Regardless of diet, organic foods are a smart priority. Opting for organic foods is an effectual choice for personal and planetary health.
Day 1 Tokyo
Upon arrival,our local representative will meet you at the airport and assist to board the Airport Limousine Bus & transfer to hotel.
Hotel : Keio Plaza hotel Tokyo or similar for 4 nights
Day 2 Tokyo (Breakfast / Lunch )
After breakfast, morning free at leisure until 11:00 am. Our visit today including TOYOUKE Organics restaurant was produced by Dr.Torako Yui, a representative director of NIPPON TOYOUKE Natural Farming Co. Ltd, offering a collaboration of Japanese food and vegetables and herbs from their farm. Nippon Toyouke Natural Farming use only natural seeds such as native species and home seed-raising and grows their products without using any agricultural chemicals or chemical fertilizers. Toyouke not only focus on organic and healthy food, this restaurant prepare delicious meals that please your palate.
- Take a short train ride to Toyouke Organic restaurant for lunch. The restaurant offer a menu of seafood from Shizuoka-prefecture, where the Toyouke farm locates, and vegetables that grows in their farms. Enjoy the true organic and healthy meal.
- After lunch, if time permit, enjoy an interesting and educational video about Nippon Toyouke natural food - from farming, cultivating and harvesting. During this session if opportunity arises, we might meet Dr. Yuan (a renowned consultant of Naturopath,Homeopath) and he will provide us a lecture of " Total approach to Healthy Living" .
- After the educational session, visit the Toyouke organic store to explore their variety of products.
Evening free for leisure, option to go to Shibuya - see the bustling and shopping Shibuya district is the origin of youth culture. Some district's Landmark is the
"Statue of Hachiko" and the "Shibuya Scramble Crossing
Day 3 Tokyo (Breakfast / Lunch/ Dinner )
Breakfast in the hotel. Join our morning Half day Tokyo tour by train with local guide service.
- Sky Tree Tower for a panoramic view of Tokyo city
- Meiji Shinto Shrine
- National Diet Building
- Asakusa Kannon Temple
- Nakamise Shopping
- Imperial Palace East Garden
- Ginza Shopping Area.
Organic Buffet lunch at Noukanodaidokoro (農家の台所 銀座店) in Ginza
Dinner at Gonpachi Restaurant - also known as the "Kill Bill restaurant" is also a notable tourist attractions. The restaurant that inspired the House of Blue Leaves, The setting for "that: fight scene - the Bride v the Crazy 88s. Setting a great mood alongside some great food, dark wood and oriental music make the ambience in this old-style, Japanese restaurant.
Day 4 Tokyo (Breakfast /Lunch / Dinner)
After breakfast, leave hotel for Tsukiji Fish Market Tour and cooking class.
- a large wholesale for fish, fruits and vegetables in central Tokyo.
- It is best known as one of the world's largest fish markets handling over 2,000 of marine product a day.
- The sight of the many kind of fresh fish and other seafood and the busy atmosphere of scooters, trucks, sellers and buyers hurrying around make Tsukiji Market a major tourist attraction.
This morning, half-day tour with an English speaking guide,
- explore and walk around this bustling market which are packed with exotic seafood
- learn about the types of fish you'll work with at your cooking class.
- Next, experience one of Japan's most famous gourmet foods - making sushi at a long-established sushi restaurant
- This Cooking class is popular among the tourists. Lecture will be conducted in English or assisted by an interpreter.
- Learn the art of making sushi - both rolls and nigiri before sitting down to enjoy your creations for lunch.
Dinner at Tofuro Restaurant. Dining at Tofuro you will get to" travel back 400 years to experience Culture of townsmen during the Edo period, scenes of street-life, and “Wabi・Sabi” culture and indulge yourself in the Japanese tradition and enjoy a cup of sake. There are several settings. You can eat at inside from little cabins to a balcony with tatami floor that overlooks the "street" and several regular booth style tables.
Day 5 Tokyo (Breakfast )
Breakfast at hotel. Assist by local staff to board on the airport limousine transfer to airport for departure.
Individual departure : Min. 2 persons - Every Monday till May 2020
Group departure : March 21 , May 16 , 2020
Please call or email us for rate.