12 Days Vibrancy of the Past & Present (China & Hong Kong)
A touch of the vibrancy of the past and today’s cosmopolitan economies of China. This tour brings you back to the past of the shining lands before bringing you to two of the most vibrant cities. Are you ready to be touring like you are traveling on a time machine?
Silk Road + Shanghai + Hong Kong
*Beijing *Xian *Dunhuang *Shanghai *Hong Kong
Day 1 Arrive Beijing
Day 2 Beijing Full Day Tour (B/L/D)
- Tiananmen Square, Forbidden City, Temple of Heaven
- Pearl farm
Day 3 Beijing Full Day Tour (B/L/D)
- Juyongguan Great Wall, Ming Tomb Sacred Way, photo stop at Bird Nest and Water Cube
- Jade factory, Peking duck dinner
Day 4 Beijing – Xian by air (B/L/D)
- Shaanxi History Museum, Great Mosque, Xian City Wall
- Evening Tang Dynasty Show
Day 5 Xian – Dunhuang by air (B/L/D)
- Dunhuang Echoing & Sand Dune, Crescent Lake
- Camel or 4x4 ride
Day 6 Dunhuang – Xian by air (B/L)
- Dunhuang Mogao Grottoe/Cave, Dunhuang Museum
- Afternoon flight to Xian
Day 7 Xian – Shanghai by air (B/L)
- Terracotta Army
- Afternoon flight to Shanghai
Day 8 Shanghai (B/L)
- Shanghai Museum, The Bund, Nanjing Road, Shanghai New Zone, Shanghai Oriental Pearl TV Tower
- Evening Huangpu River Cruise
Day 9 Shanghai – Hong Kong by air (B/L)
- YuYuan Garden, Old City God’s Temple Bazaar
- Afternoon flight to Hong Kong
Day 10 Hong Kong (B/L)
- Half day Hong Kong Island Tour ( including tram ride to Victoria Peak, Repulse Bay, Stanley Market, Aberdeen fishing village.)
Day 11 Hong Kong (B)
Day 12 Hong Kong (B)
- A half day at leisure before departure
Terms and Conditions:
Prices and Accommodations (4 stars and up hotels)
- Beijing: Crowne Plaza Beijing or similar
- Xian: Grand Mercure Xian or similar
- Dunhuang: Grand Hotel Dunhuang or similar
- Shanghai: Sunrise on the Bund or similar
- Hong Kong
- Regal Hong Kong (4-Star)
- Price: from CAD $4215.00 per person plus taxes based on double occupancy.
- Single Supplement @ CAD$1045.00
- Kowloon Shangrila (5-Star)
- Price: from CAD $4465.00 per person plus taxes based on double occupancy.
- Single Supplement @ CAD$1505.00
Daily Departure: Minimum 4 Person till 2019
- Land package: All domestic air arrangement and local transportation, 4 stars and up accommodations, sightseeing tours and meals as specified in the program
- Hong Kong Mass Transit Rail ticket (Octopus Card Value) – HKD $100
- English speaking guide
- International airfare and taxes
- Travel insurance
You will visit the following 4 places:
Hong Kong ("Fragrant Harbour"), officially known as Hong Kong Special Administrative Region of the People's Republic of China, is an autonomous territory on the southern coast of China at the Pearl River Estuary and the South China Sea. It is known for its skyline and deep natural harbour. It is a world-renowned shopping paradise, known for its tourist-friendly atmosphere and numerous options. The huge shopping malls of Central, Admiralty and the street fashion factory in Causeway Bay are reasons for many travelers to make their Hong Kong trips. Home to around 7.2 million Hongkongers and other nationalities, Hong Kong is one of the world's most densely populated regions!
Xi'an is the capital of the Shaanxi province, and a sub-provincial city in the People's Republic of China. One of the oldest cities in China, with more than 3,100 years of history, the city was known as Chang'an before the Ming Dynasty. It is one of the Four Great Ancient Capitals of China, having held that position under several of the most important dynasties in Chinese history, including Zhou, Qin, Han, Sui, and Tang. It is the eastern terminus of the Silk Road and home to the Terracotta Army. Xi'an is, for certain, one of the most popular tourist destinations among foreign travelers. A tour to Xi'an is something that any tourist to China would not want to miss, as it serves as a window on China's ancient civilization.
Beijing is a metropolis in Northern China, and the capital of the People's Republic of China. It is one of the most populous cities in the world. Governed as a municipality under direct administration of the central government, Beijing borders Hebei Province to the north, west, south, and for a small section in the east, and Tianjing Municipality to the southeast. As the last of the Four Great Ancient Capitals of China, Beijing has been the political center of the country for much of the past eight centuries. Beijing has a glorious past, but is by no means stuck in the past. Standing side-by-side with old Beijing's crimson palace complexes are the city's modern buildings, the super-modern Olympic Village, with the Bird’s Nest Stadium and Water Cube; the dazzling shopping malls in Wangfujing Street and the colorful entertainment center of Houhai. The city is renowned for its opulent palaces, temples, parks, gardens, tombs, walls and gates, and its art treasures and universities have made it a center of culture and art in China!
Shanghai is the cool, confident face of modern China, and its energy is infectious. Located in the Yangtze River Delta in East China, Shanghai sits on the south edge of the mouth of the Yangtze in the middle portion of the Chinese coast. Shanghai is a popular tourist destination renowned for its historical landmarks such as The Bund, City God Temple and Yu Garden as well as the extensive Lujiazui skyline, many skyscrapers, and major museums including the Shanghai Museum and the China Art Museum. It has been described as the "showpiece" of the booming economy of mainland China. Go to its heart, The Bund, to watch ships on the river and marvel at the huge variety of architectural styles on display, or watch the crowds go by in People's Square!