Top 5 Reasons to Plan That Vacation Now
Have you travelled during the COVID-19 Pandemic? Maybe you visited family members or escaped with people in your pod? Perhaps you hit a national park or the great outdoors?
While many of us did not venture far, now is the time to start planning that next dream vacation as we are all eager for a change of scenery. While we still need to be cautious, we can stay in our pods and travel with our small group of family or close friends.
Here are some useful tips to get you started:
- You will be happier just planning the trip. Happiness researchers at University of Texas say that planning for a trip or the process of thinking about it, can make you happier now more than spending your money on tangible things. It’s the excitement and anticipation that drives our happiness.
- We saved during the pandemic. With lockdowns and social distancing, we all saved money from not travelling or dining out (even with all the take-out meals) so there is a good reserve left for that 2021 trip. Upgrade your trip with an extended stay, higher end accommodations, private tours, additional cities or countries – now you can splurge!
- Help support local economies. The pandemic has had a devastating effect on the world with the loss of more than 120 million jobs from tourism around the world, according to the World Travel & Tourism Council. We all need to do our part to help these local communities, hotels, restaurants, shops get back to business.
- Book now to reserve the best. Imagine all those cancelled cruises, flights and tours that need to be rescheduled. These folks will be rebooking those trips now so that means less inventory. Also remember that many travel suppliers have reduced capacity due to CDC guidelines, so best to get planning now in order to guarantee your space.
- Seek the expertise of a travel advisor. With all the complexities of travel these days – border openings, CDC regulations, testing requirements, etc. be sure to work with an experienced travel advisor who can help you navigate all this. They are educated in the latest information and will be your personal advocate. They’ll help you find the best deals, and many have VIP connections to get you extra travel perks. Most importantly, they’ll ensure that you have adequate travel insurance to protect your investment. Wouldn’t you rather talk to a real person rather than trust your dream vacations to some website?
Now is the time to put your travel dreams to reality.
Photo by Hannah Busing on Unsplash